This shortcode displays a form which allows users to submit tickets from a page or post. The form allows ticket submission from both registered and non-registered users; the non-registered users will be given an option to create an account, which will also give them access to the Client Portal.
To use it, create a new page or post (its title and URL can be of your choice) and add the following shortcode as its content:
- custom_fields – if you have custom fields which you want to include in the form, you can use this parameter and define their names separated by commas, for example:
- ticket_type – this parameter defines the type of the ticket; if omitted, it will default to private which is the recommended option for most use cases. The available values are:
- private – (recommended & default) the ticket will be accessible only from its creator.
- public – the ticket will be publicly visible—only to be used along with the Public Tickets List shortcode.
- email – the ticket will be saved as a ticket imported via email; only use this option when WPHelpDesk Inbox add-on is installed.
- user-select – a drop-down selection at the end of the form will be shown to allow the user to select between a private and a public ticket.