We are happy to announce the release of a WPHelpDesk version 1.2.11, which includes a few new features and bug fixes.
The new version of WPHelpDesk includes the following changes.
- Custom fields can now be marked as mandatory to complete and you can set a custom validation message to display when the rule is triggered.
- A new email notification has been added, which is sent to an agent when a ticket gets reassigned.
- The listing page for email templates has been redesigned to show important information without having to enter the template configuration.
- When assigning agents, the search results will only contain users with access to the helpdesk.
- Fixed an issue that was causing a ticket to be submitted multiple times in rare circumstances.
- Fixed an issue with the editor in client portal, causing it not to clear after a reply has been posted.
- Fixed an issue that was causing an error to be logged when the Inbox add-on was not installed or activated.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the new ticket email notification to be sent to the wrong agent if the assignment was changed using the wphd_new_message action.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the content of a reply to be hidden when it was coming from a text-only imported email.
Users with an active license will receive a notification to receive the update via WordPress Plugins page; alternatively, you can download it from your account page.
Advance warning for deprecation of Public Tickets List shortcode
A few versions ago, with the introduction of the Client Portal shortcode, the Public Tickets List shortcode became disabled by default and it was recommended to be used only for public forum or knowledge base functionality. We are in the process of creating a brand new dedicated knowledge base add-on, which will replace this functionality, so in a future update and after this new add-on has been released, the Public Tickets List shortcode will be deprecated.
If you use this sortcode, please get in touch with us to discuss how can help you migrate your content to the new plugin.